As much as I believe that a law abiding citizen should be able to carry wherever they may find themselves, their are places that a CHL holder is restricted from carrying.
The following places are restricted from carrying;
- Racetracks (Anywhere that Para-mutual betting is taking place)
- Anyplace where either Amateur or Professional sporting events are being held
- Courthouses or any building that has a courthouse in it
- Any business that derives 51% or more of its business from the sale of alcohol for on premises consumption, i.e. Bars
- Federal property, to include the Post Office.
- Anywhere the 30.06 sign is properly posted (at least 1 inch block lettering in contrasting colors with this exact verbiage, approximately 3×2 ft in size) at every common entryway. Or if someone with the authority to do so (manager) gives verbal warning that the carrying of a Concealed Handgun is not allowed.
- On the “premises” of a school, school activity, or transportation by a school. In other words not inside the building of a school or during a school activity like a football game.
- The secured area of an airport
- Anywhere voting is taking place
- On the “premises” of a correctional facility
The following places are restricted if the 30.06 sign is posted, in which case it is a Class A misdemeanor offense.
- On the “premises” of a; hospital, nursing home, amusement park, carnival, church, synagogue, or any other place of worship.
- At the meeting of a governmental entity.
Senate Bill 501 has removed the right of any city or county government to place a 30.06 sign on any building owned or leased by that government therefore not restricting the carrying of a handgun by a CHL holder.